Author Topic: Kick Back  (Read 1040 times)

waynew45@verizon.net

Kick Back
« on: October 01, 2015, 11:39:12 am »
Hi Steve, what causes the slapping of the wood on the table when cutting? I have a Dewalt 690 and have checked the blade angle to the table and it seems fine. I really have to apply a lot of pressure to keep the wood down on the table. I'm using #5  reverse blade and 1/4" walnut. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Kick Back
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »
One reason can be the blade is in upside down.  You will find you do have to hold a piece down even when the blade is facing the proper way but it should not be difficult to do.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Kick Back
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:42:03 pm »
+1 for dunk's answer.... It has happened to all of us at one time or another.  ::) :P
Also maybe you are using a too aggressive blade on thinner wood. the fewer TPI (teeth per inch) the more aggressive the blade is. A high tooth count is better on thinner stuff.
Speed of the blade inters into the whole thing too. Try speeding up or slowing down the blade speed and feed a  bit slower.
Sometimes even pushing the material to the side when cutting can cause the blade to catch and cause what I call "rattling" of the wood.
Hope some of those suggestions help you out.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi