Author Topic: Hi everyone haven't been on here for sometime  (Read 1993 times)

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Hi everyone haven't been on here for sometime
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:51:14 am »
Well what can i say i haven't been on here for quite awhile nowbusy with things around the house and doing some minor repairs to it. Then our daughter had an accident at school back in May that left her with a broken tooth and busted lip.5 trips to the dentist and 2 mounths later thats taking care of.noq she as to go and get her tonsils out.when it did find the time when know one was looking i sneaked out in the shed for a bit to try and catch up on a few orders i had to do.there wasn't much scrolling to them.as i was cutting one piece i noticed that my Excalibur was was getting load didnt give much head to it at the time but it go worseand worse to the point that the saw is unusable at this pointso i guess my scrollsaw days are numbered i cant afford to take in to the store where i got it to do repairs sence
 about 300km drive and the service rates are pretty high.so i guess im back to my old craftman saw i got about 20 years ago.about 3 weeks ago my computer with all my patterns on it decided to call it quits on my and yes i know i should how had them backed up but it got away from.so in stuck now using my phone to browse around a bit.well enough of my babbling on anyway everyone i hope you all hsvr a grwat day snd s better one tomorrow I'll try and stay in touch on here with you all.
take care everyone.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Hi everyone haven't been on here for sometime
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:47 am »
I am sorry you have had your share of mishaps. I hope your daughter feels better and things turn out ok for you. If you had purchased any patterns from me, please email me at sheilalandrydesigns@gmail.com and I will gladly replace them. I keep pretty good records for years back so you can always come back to have me resend files - even if it has been years since you ordered.

Life has a way of doing things like that sometimes. I find that for me anyway, it goes in waves. In ways I try to think of it as 'getting it all over at once' . Maybe that is just a label I give it to get through those times.

In any case, I wish you the best. I hope things level out for you soon on a good note. ((HUGS))) Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:02:25 pm »
Hang in there.  As they say, "This to shall pass" 
I'm from North Dakota

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »
Hey Newfie - I've also been AWOL but not for any troubles. The picture/pattern posting rules put a kink in my ink. But I've been working the saw when I can.

We had a family reunion this weekend and one of the nieces suggested we have a Paint the Birdhouse activity. She bought and brought 36 mini birdhouses and a bunch of paint. I hand-cut (no pattern) a half dozen compound cut micro-birdhouses (really more like Christmas ornaments with a 1/2" Fostner hole in the side). They were a big hit. Very easy to cut - just move wherever feels comfortable.  For the hook on top, bend a cut-off piece of 12 gauge copper wire and drill a clearance hole in the top. Glue or just shove it in.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 01:44:28 pm »
Thanks Sheila not sure if i had any of your patterns or not.Ray the ornament bird houses are fon to to cut.the posting of photos for patterns blows my mind i go to scrollsaw village for patterns like that now or i should say i did gi there but with my scrollsaw not i working properly i haven't bothered.i turned to my lathe here lately and did some pen turning hope to make a little bit of cash with that see what happens.anyway take care i pop on once and awhile abd see how everthings going.take care all!

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 09:05:07 pm »
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes Todd, certainly your daughter has a full recovery.  That saw is fairly new, if I remember correctly you had to from Rideout Tools. Have you contacted them? worth a try. Hoping that things start to turn around sooner than later.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 03:55:26 am »
Hi Todd.  So sorry that life has not been good to you of late, I hope everything turns around for you soon.  I also hope things start to go well for your daughter.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi