Author Topic: busy in the shop  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
busy in the shop
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:25:38 am »
I have been pretty busy in my shop as of late trying to get ready for a show in October, but had a customer commission a large piece a couple of weeks ago. Started cut that piece late last week, All the ground is cut and the left side of the piece is cut less a cactus. The piece is 2 of JGR designs combined into 1 large piece. Between the 2 pieces, the added cactus & grass that will be added along with what I had to add to join the pieces there will be right at 350-370 pieces total.
Let me know what you think of the cowboy & his horse. Will be starting on the Indian & his horse later this week 

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: busy in the shop
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:08:18 am »
I really think it is going to be a great piece! Beautiful work and so much detail! Your client will be thrilled! :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Claymore

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:16 pm »
Wow Brian that is going to be superb! (it is already) can't wait to see the Indian.....I think horses etc work well in wood thanks to the colours.....would that be a Quarterhorse he's riding? (as he pretends to know about horses, my wife is mad about horses lol)
I am thinking of making the Bullriding pattern from one of the books as I watch the PBR all the time here in sunny Scotland (we are surrounded by Bulls but haven't tried riding them yet lol)
Cheers
Brian

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 06:09:50 am »
Brian,
I don't know anything about horses but I had made 1 running horse out of Cherry & walnut already and a painted horse out of Aromatic Cedar & Basswood, so I thought I would change things up sense the Indian would be on a painted horse. I love working with Sapele which is the darker brown on the cowboy's horse mane is birch. I included want i have been able to do on the Indian

Offline Brian Pardue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 07:25:15 am »
thought i would give an update on my latest piece - Cowboy is about 90% shaped & Indian in completely cut out

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 07:29:51 am »
They are really going to be beautiful! :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Claymore

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 02:09:25 pm »
They are superb and your customer will be amazed when they see them...... wish we had all those different types of wood here 8-(  I saw a piece of Walnut approx size 30" x 2" x 1" for sale locally and they wanted ?75.00 for it!  all my Walnut comes from recycled vintage tables etc that are for scrap usually costs me around ?10 for the whole table.
Cheers
Brian

SMF

Teknoromi