Author Topic: noprogress on site  (Read 2567 times)

Offline dirob

• View Profile
noprogress on site
« on: May 27, 2015, 04:47:36 pm »
I don't know if I have missed something but there hasn't been a new post in general for almost two weeks. Do I have a problem or has there been no posts?
R F R

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Re: noprogress on site
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:09:06 pm »
The forum has been fairly dormant lately.  I know I visit daily, usually more than once, but I don't often have anything worth saying.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline kruzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 12:00:18 am »
I'm a fairly new member so I'll throw on something. It may or may not be worth saying. I got hook on scrolling by watching Steve and some other others on Youtube. I've always been into signs and routers. I had an old Craftsman saw. Really old. It died and I replaced it with a new Craftsman. Yes a load to some but using Steve's patterns I did OK. My wife caught me eyeballing a Dewalt 788 several times but moaned when I mumbled the price to myself. I said it's just hobby and couldn't justify the price. This past April, on my birthday I saw her struggling to get a big box out of her Jeep. I though more horse stuff. We own and show horses. Pretty much where the money goes around here. Anyway I said let me pull out the box. Much to my surprise it wasn't horse related but it was a new Dewalt 788. She said happy birthday. Oh, what a difference too. To make it clear, staring and moaning about the price a new truck......didn't work.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 12:25:42 am »
Congratulations on your new saw.  The difference is like the difference between a Volkswagen and a Porsche.  Looking forward to seeing some of your work from this new saw.  Perhaps you can scroll a truck for the wife???

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 05:05:18 pm »
Hi and congrats on the new saw...bet you're going to love it.  I just bought another DeWalt this past week so now I have 3 and a 16" Excalibur.  Having both the old DeWalts rebuilt since one is around 10 years old, and the other 8, and they've both been used a LOT in my business. Can't say the same for the Excalibur, but it's at least it's cute.
Nancy from Washington state.
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 02:47:47 am »
Congratulations on the new saw Kruzer.  You will not know yourself and there  will certainly be no holding you back now. Think you may have to whistle for a new truck though.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 10:15:44 am »
And ME ALSO have wondered WHY the POSTS have almost stopped lately.  Just makes me WONDER. 
Then I think....Most years at beginning of GOOD WEATHER lots of people do different things instead of
sitting here typing their projects etc.  ME INCLUDED. 
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi