Author Topic: Introduce myself as Danish and need a little help please  (Read 1945 times)

jokerper

Introduce myself as Danish and need a little help please
« on: May 27, 2015, 10:45:29 am »
Hi all of you

I am pretty new to this game and need some help...

About the blade I need some extra thin blades with pin ended blades like 1mm thin and need to buy them cheap in EU - European Union.

Any good suplier in EU Denmark or Germany or UK.

We got a suplier in Denmark - link.

http://www.linaa.dk/shop/dekupoersavklinger-177c1.html

Maybe you could help me to choose from there...

I also need to know what is the best meterial to cut in with a scroll saw like this:   

Plywood or hardwood.

Because i am stuggled in do some nice corners and roundings even do a straight cut.

Please help me a little.

/ :) :) :)
Jokerper

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce myself as Danish and need a little help please
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:19:51 am »
Keep scrolling down this section of the forum.
All of your questions will get answered from previous posts from others in your situation.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

jokerper

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:07:15 am »
SorryRapid Roger but i have done that but can not find anything about it. Have been searching all 12 pages.

Maybe it is some language or understading problems I have...

Could you please give me some links.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile

mirec437

Offline lanemaux

• "Doctor Who" beats "The Voice", always!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 10:18:02 am »
Hi Joker and welcome. I fear you may find getting narrow pinned blades very difficult as pin placement requires a rather beefy (by scrolling standards ) bit of blade stock to insert the pin at each end. I have had some limited success in narrowing the effective width of the active portion of my blades by applying a cheapy type sharpening stone to the rear of a blade while running the saw. Take care while doing this so as not to break the blade and check from time to time that you don't thin too much and make the blade too fragile. With care you may achieve a result. I have gotten my rubbish pinned blades down to nearly half of the original profile. remember that the gullets will be your weak points and leave enough meat behind them and you might get a result you can live with. Needless to say , take safety precautions , wear eye protection and keep fingers away and such. Good luck.
Murphy was an optimist

SMF

Teknoromi