Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1797 times)

bolocarver

« on: May 22, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »
Hello scrollers, glad to join this forum and am looking forward to learning new things. I have been working with a scroll saw for over 25 years. I am presently starting a scroll saw class at our church where we have a program called "home away from home". At risk school kids through junior high can come to the church from 2:30 until 6PM where we have tutors to help them with their school work. Right now we have about 60 students in the program. This class will teach them a great hobby and also help keep them from getting involved with the wrong crowd.

I am an Air Force Veteran with 20 years service, retiring in 1985.

Have a great day and Memorial Day.

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 06:53:00 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Thank you for your service.  Good luck with your class. 

bolocarver

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 01:40:21 pm »
Thanks Julie.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:32 am »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and get your feet dusty. :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:54 am »
Welcome

I am Don from Brooklin, Ontario just East of Toronto.

Good luck on your scroll saw classes.  Our club for many years ran scrolling lessons at the local boys club.  Unfortunately we had to move as they needed the space for other programs but some of the guys still run a spring and summer week program.  It has been quite rewarding.  I you need any ideas let me know.

Don

bolocarver

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 06:33:56 pm »
Thanks guys for the welcome. I am looking forward to teaching the scrolling class. With 25+ years of scrolling I think I can pass along some good lessons, tips and fun. Besides teaching the class I am making toys for the great grandkids. They just love the cars, planes, trains and pull toys I make for them. I enjoy working with the scroll saw, its my therapy!

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 02:20:05 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I'm Marg from Australia.  A big pat on the back from me in helping the youngsters, all they need sometimes is just a little encouragement to help them in their self esteem.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Rover2

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 08:39:03 pm »
A big welcome to the forum.  I'm Al from TN and I am also AF retired, 1989.  Glad to have you with us and good luck with the scroll saw class.

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:14 am »
Welcome to the forum.
Pierre

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 09:42:01 am »
Welcome! I an Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

SMF

Teknoromi