Author Topic: I PAD HELP  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
I PAD HELP
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:48:04 am »
Hey guys, I am buying an Apple I pad to use at craft shows. I use the square on my phone, but, the pad will make it much easier and also, I want to build a catalog of all my work to show customers my Facebook page. How do I download these from my laptop to the I pad? How do I put the apps from my phone to the I pad? Thanks in advance for your help!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline JohnRB

• View Profile
Re: I PAD HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:44:48 pm »
Hi

To download photos from a PCs to an iPad you need to install iTunes prog on your PCs. It is free, then open iTunes prog and plug your iPad into USB port on your PC then you can copy the photos from your PC to your iPad.
Is you phone an iPhone or some other smartphone ? As far as I know you can't copy apps from an iPhone to an iPad, just download them again from iTunes Store. If your phone is not an iPhone it will use different apps anyway, they are based on android software instead of IOS that an iPhone uses.

Hope this helps

John

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:19:46 am »
Thanks John! Yes, I have an Iphone so ITunes should be on my computer, just hope I can remember my username and password!LOL

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline JohnRB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:35:44 pm »
I know what you mean so many Usernames and passwords to remember !

Cheers

John

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:01 pm »
Tony - you might consider putting your photos on an online site, if the shows will have Internet access or your iPad has cellular access. That will keep the iPad from filling up. But if you're not worried about that, have at it.

BTW - the Square I have is USB connected. Can you connect it to the iPad?

If you have not already bought the iPad, you might take a look at the Chromebook (from lots of different vendors like Asus, etc.). It is more like a laptop but meant for making best use of connectivity. A lot less expensive than the iPad. It takes some getting used to, but so does the iPad. It runs Google's ChromeOS  operating system (different than Windows and IOS).
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi