Author Topic: Projector Screen and Scroll Sawing?  (Read 2693 times)

pddesertrat

Projector Screen and Scroll Sawing?
« on: March 22, 2015, 11:02:45 am »
I use a box fan with a filter on it as part of my dust collection.  I could never figure out how to put it by my saw, out of my way at the correct height.  Today it hit me.  I have an old projector screen, the kind we use to use to look at family slides at home.  You did these things before TV's.  I got it out today, it was on it's way to Goodwell, and removed the screen.  Made a hook to put on the handle on my box fan and walla, a height adjustable fan holder.  Works great!!

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Projector Screen and Scroll Sawing?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 03:49:49 pm »
good innovating and reuse. my old dad always told my mother that if you save something for 7 years you'll find a new use for it. then when he went to work she threw it out - she figured he'd forget by then anyway.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

mlwmerk

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:25 am »
Nice reuse of an old item.  It appears to me that it might be a bit top heavy.  Perhaps a couple of sand bags or a really substantial base for that tri-pod stand would be in order.  Just saying - from experience.

Walt in still Snowy CT

pddesertrat

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:17 am »
Actually it is not top heavy.  The legs are pretty long and give it a wide base, the fan is very light and the picture shows about as high as I will raise it.  It is stable.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:57:04 pm »
I wouldn't think you would have any problem with it being to top heavy. The mere weight of the original projector screen probably out weighs the weight of the fan. Nice work and great use of recycling so to speak. I like these kind of projects.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

pas1948

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »
 :)great idea . give yourself a hand

pddesertrat

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:40:57 am »
I do, every time I use it.  It is working out great.

SMF

Teknoromi