Author Topic: parts for my scroll saw  (Read 6490 times)

Offline kay937

• View Profile
    • KAY937
parts for my scroll saw
« on: January 26, 2015, 11:01:42 am »
 hi steve, i have and older craftsman saw and the part at the top that holds the blade in has broken totally in half. i guess its called the blade holder i dont know for sure, went to the sight for replacements parts and called the number on there and they say it is no longer continued. i will have to buy a new saw if i cant find it and i cant afford that. the saw is a craftsman 16.  my model number is- 315216360 i tried the replacement part on your sight and it took me to the same place. do you know anywhere i can find it or someone may have one for sale, just thought i would ask you, i love your blog and all your patterns. thanks for any help u can give me.  my email is kay937@yahoo.com or just leave me a message here. thank you   kay hackworth

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: parts for my scroll saw
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:19 pm »
Hi, Kay,
I did finally find the correct part number but, Sears Craftsman says the part number is
obsolete and they have NOT identified a replacement part.
It is quite possible you can find a substitute from one of their other saws that is
the same or very close to the same.
The original part number is 977154-001
Sears identifies it as a HOLDER rather than a Blade Clamp.

Good luck and God Bless! Spirithorse
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:14:30 pm by spirithorse »

Offline kay937

• View Profile
    • KAY937
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:23 am »
thank you spirithorse for talking the time to help me out, i have only been signed up for the blog for a couple of weeks and everyone has been so nice. sears and lowes usally dont have any saws in the stores, u have to order on line. i will make some calls to see what i can find out but i really dont know what to do still. thank you again for your help and god bless you and your family.  kay

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:27 am »
  have you checked with Sears? they have a lot of differeny ss out there. check with Sears parts.
maybe one of their other saws has the same clamps or maybe they can tell you what it will cross
with. also check ebay. see if there is another brand that looks like yours. get that model number
& look on ereplacement parts & see if it looks like the one you have. maybe this will help.

Offline kay937

• View Profile
    • KAY937
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 10:28:08 am »
i have checked with sears the part is obsolete. and they cant help me any futher. and i dont do ebay, had a bad experience with it so dont use it. and ereplacements gave me a model number but the part dosent look anything like mine. looks like im going to have to save up and buy a new saw. thanks for your help and time     kay

pddesertrat

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 11:21:39 am »
Kay, might be helpful if you could post a picture of your saw and the broken part.  Also keep and eye on Craigslist, sometimes you can get a used older Chraftsman for very cheap and have a parts saw. 

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 02:06:02 am »
Hi, Kay,
Did your old blade holder look like this in the link?
Scroll down to where it says STANDARD BLADE HOLDER SET

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0007.htm

God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi