Author Topic: Buying FD blades.  (Read 5478 times)

Offline kruzer

• View Profile
Buying FD blades.
« on: December 17, 2014, 08:35:29 pm »
Hi, I was looking to try some Flying Dutchman blades. I'm kind of new and was using Olsens. I ordered some from a site called Lesley's Patterns. After almost two weeks, nothing. No reply from any emails ether. How is the Mike's workshop. I used the other because of they use Paypal, which I'll be contacting next.

Anyway just saying hello and like to give Steve a big thank you for all he does on here. 

linkblet10

Re: Buying FD blades.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »
You will not beat Mike's!
Fast shipping, just good all the way around!

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:45:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum and Mike is definitely the best.  The only place I buy my blades.

jbrowder

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:07:04 pm »
I just ordered some blades from Mike's. He apparently thought my order was weird, so rather than just sending out what I ordered, he actually called me on the phone to make sure of what I wanted. Turns out he knew what I needed, and it wasn't what I had ordered. We had a great conversation and 4 days later I had my blades. The price was right and the service was great.

Jim

Stevecur

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »
I ordered from Leslies once. Won't happen again. When I inquired as to where my blades were, I received a reply that was somewhat rude with a BS line about how postal service works. Was told my blades would be there the next day. Received them about ten days later. She sells on Ebay and is also a distributor on Amazon. Mikes is the way to go. Steve

Offline kruzer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »
I ordered from Leslies once. Won't happen again. When I inquired as to where my blades were, I received a reply that was somewhat rude with a BS line about how postal service works. Was told my blades would be there the next day. Received them about ten days later. She sells on Ebay and is also a distributor on Amazon. Mikes is the way to go. Steve

Had a feeling I wasn't alone. I just ordered from Mike. Can't argue with the masses. I got the FD-SR 5. Plus some spirals to try.
 I'm still learning which is the right type of blade. I have to say I've been carving signs with routers for quite some time but I find this more interesting and  has an endless amount of projects to try.

Thanks for all the responses..

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »
 :) Mike is "DA MAN" !!  ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline capt lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 04:36:20 pm »
I only get my get blades from Mike they are the best that I have found  & his service is great!

Ron
Ron M

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »
Mike's is the best I have gotten orders form him in under 4 days I have put a order in on the weekend and by wed I had my blades in the mailbox. He has a great selection if you have any questions about the blades and what types to use give him a email he is good about his blades, i will keep ordering from him as long as he sells them. After that I don't know what to do, hope sombody takes his place to keep up with the FD blades or find another blade to go with but I love the FD blades.

My 2 go to blades I like are the reverse #1 for all around cutting anything less then a 1/2 in thick, they help alot keeping the fuzzies off the back, plus I like they way they cut. My next blade that I really like is the ultra reverse #1 as it cuts in the both the up and down stroke and use this blade for thicker stuff like 1/2 inch. Both have been good blades for me, I did try a 2/0 blade but I found it was hard to control it wanted to wonder too much being a thinner blade and like to follow the grain and this was in plywoods.

Offline GrampaJim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 01:18:01 pm »
My last order from Mike arrived in 3 day.  I order once from someone else (no names) and it was 2 weeks.

Offline scotti158

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:55 am »
Mike's is the way to go.
Tilt-O-Scroll DW788 Owner/Operater

Offline kruzer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:23 pm »
I ordered some blades the night of posting this and got a response from mike the next morning (18th) saying they are going in the mail. Finally got a response from the other place saying it's going to take at least ten days or more due to the season. I guess cold weather affects the turtle they are strapping them on.

Rover2

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 06:31:00 pm »
Way to go Kruzer.  Mike's is the way to go.  I get all my blades from him and have never had a problem.

Al

ChuckD

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 08:21:56 pm »
Mike is so good that one day I recieved the blades I was going to order the next day.  Honest!!!

Offline kruzer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 07:53:37 pm »
The race is over. Ordered the blades from Lesley on Dec 8th. Ordered from Mike on the 18th and both arrived today. Got a story from Lesley about the holiday mail traffic and the long delay it would take. Mike on the other hand had them here a few days. I'm guessing he has connections. :)

SMF

Teknoromi