Author Topic: Wife's comparison  (Read 2920 times)

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
Wife's comparison
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:34 pm »
Wife paid a rare visit to the shop. Watched me scroll for a while and upon leaving compared my scroll saw to a sewing machine. Divorce is finalized next week.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: Wife's comparison
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »
I got my wife to watch her mouth finally!....Told her that I had the divorce lawyers phone number on "speed dial".  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:39:41 pm »
Well my wife is a quilter and likes to sew.  If she thought my scrolling was like sewing, she would not criticizes my scrolling.  She does keep asking, "what are you going to do with all those pictures you are scrolling?"  I answered, "they are for the Smithsonian, they have requested them!"  Okay maybe that was a little lie, but it is the only lie I have told to her in 47 years of marriage.   ::) 

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »
Where do you think the ladies got the idea of a sewing machine.  They got  tired of hand sewing and copied their husbands toy.

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:40 am »
Oh, I don't think it was sarcasm or criticism... maybe a bit. I accepted it as a shot across the bow, maybe for future reference?

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:43:06 pm »
My wife knows better, She never comes to the shed. ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »
My students often compare the scroll saw to the sewing machine. The kids all think that the saw must be more dangerous, but we have had a few kids sew through their fingers and no one has needed more then a band-aid from the saw.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 10:03:05 pm »
My students often compare the scroll saw to the sewing machine. The kids all think that the saw must be more dangerous, but we have had a few kids sew through their fingers and no one has needed more then a band-aid from the saw.

Actually a lot of the skill set for scrolling can be directly related to sewing.  Sure they are not exactly the same however we both follow a line, or at least attempt to.  Both the sewer and the scroller make changes to the pattern on the fly.  Both have to watch the feed speed.  Both need to have good light to see what they are doing.  For both practice makes for a better sewer and scroller.  And for both we are our own toughest judges.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

ChuckD

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 02:21:30 pm »
Wife paid a rare visit to the shop. Watched me scroll for a while and upon leaving compared my scroll saw to a sewing machine. Divorce is finalized next week.

Well believe it or not, when someone asks me what a scrollsaw is this is part of the description .  In fact until I was told different I thought the first scrollsaw was made from a sewing machine.

SheGold

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:42 am »
LOL it's a hubby that comes to my shop "GGGRRRrrrrrrr" lol

SMF

Teknoromi