Author Topic: Ever need this hint ??  (Read 1605 times)

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
Ever need this hint ??
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:35:59 pm »
After applying the pattern, IF there is a place or 3 where you think you MIGHT mess up if you are daydreaming while sawing, use a yellow highlighter to mark those places.  This is a reminder to yourself to pay extra attention when you get there.

I won't admit that I would ever need this info,  :D   :D   but maybe it would help someone else.

jerry

pddesertrat

Re: Ever need this hint ??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »
Works best is you mark those places before you put packing tape over the pattern.  I tried to mark a place tonight that I want to go back to and clean it up a little when I get further along on my project.  I will need to change the blade to do it.  Didn't want to change the blade at the time so I marked it with a sharpy.  A little while later I looked for it and the marking was gone.  I had rubbed it off.  Doesn't stay on the packing tape very well. 

Good idea to mark areas of concern though.  If you are like me, I get to scrolling and get in a zone, I have no clue what is going on around me.

mlwmerk

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:47 am »
Great Idea, marking cut lines with a yellow sharpie. 

I am going to try marking the whole pattern lines with a yellow sharpie to further highlight the ones I need to cut. 

I find that what is left of my mind tends to wander and I get a little cross eyed while following the pattern, especially on longish straight or curving lines.  Maybe highlighting the lines with a colored sharpie will help. 

I'll experiment with different colors and report back to the class.

Walter in CT

Kragax

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:21 am »
Great Idea, marking cut lines with a yellow sharpie. 

I am going to try marking the whole pattern lines with a yellow sharpie to further highlight the ones I need to cut. 

I find that what is left of my mind tends to wander and I get a little cross eyed while following the pattern, especially on longish straight or curving lines.  Maybe highlighting the lines with a colored sharpie will help. 

I'll experiment with different colors and report back to the class.

Walter in CT

I would be interested in your results. I have the same issue.

mlwmerk

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:08:56 pm »
In reply #2 I said I was going to use yellow highlighter to color the lines in my latest scroll saw project.  I don't use clear tape to cover the pattern. 

I did use the yellow highlighter to outline all the lines in the cutout project I did this afternoon and it worked out great.  I used a broad tip and followed all the lines.  I found that I didn't get eye strain nor get bored after two straight hours of seat time.  I think I shall continue to use the yellow color on all my future projects. 

I still might try a different light color as promised but that will be in the future.   I do believe that the lighter colors will work the best, and at this point, I like yellow a lot.

Walt in CT

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:36:49 pm »
So glad to be of service My Friend.

jerry

SMF

Teknoromi