Author Topic: New Dog Pattern Request  (Read 1139 times)

Mike Smith

New Dog Pattern Request
« on: April 21, 2014, 03:43:27 am »
Hi Steve

I am fairly new to scrolling and have really appreciated your online vids and excellent patterns.  I've just completed your  'love my Schnauzer' pattern (my first go at fretting) which I'm pleased with (an engagement gift to our visiting dog groomer). Would you consider a request for a 'love my Staffy' design?. I would love to do one for special friends who have been through an extremely hard time lately. They have a rescue Staffy which they adore. Thank you in advance  Mike         (Surbiton UK)   

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: New Dog Pattern Request
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:44:16 am »
Steve has a regular full time job and tries to have a personal life. Add to that his heavy workload in taking care of his blog, making patterns and videos, answering e-mail.

Unfortunately that does not leave him a lot of time to visit the forum and answer questions here. You might get a faster response e-mailing him.

Russ
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:04:03 pm »
Mike
I or someone else may be able to help some but I can't find the original pattern that you have worked from- can you post a link to it
Dave

Mike Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 03:29:35 am »
Thanks very much Dave

Not sure how I create a link to the original design!. I used the Schnauzer pattern from the Scroll Saw Workshop web page under 'Nature Catagories' sub menu 'Dogs', it's towards the bottom of the page and is included with two other dog designs. Looking at the design again not sure how well it would fit with the short word 'Staffy', perhaps a motif could be added after the word to balance it up? (Staffodshire Bull Terrier is obviously much too long!). Steve has done some other excellent dog designs but I particularly like this one for my purpose. I downloaded Inkscape yesterday but it's going to be a long time before I'm able to use it so any help will be gratefully received!!!.   

Mike   

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:46 am »
Mike - if you google "Stafford bull terrier stencil" there are a number of almost-patterns out there. You pick one you like, right click it and select "copy image url", then paste it into this post. That will give us something to start with. Here's one that's been converted to a cuttable pattern.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:06:55 am by EIEIO »
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:01:39 am »
heres a variation of SG's pattern
Dave

Mike Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 04:08:07 am »
Dave, thank you so much, that's perfect!. I'll get cracking on it today (I have the luxury of being retired with 7 grandchildren). I'll also have a go at posting a pic of the finished piece but it could take some time. My scrolling skills have come on a lot over the last few months but my IT abilities are still hopeless (thanks also to EIEIO for his help and the advice on creating a URL link, whatever a URL link is .... only joking). 

Thanks again guys

Mike   

SMF

Teknoromi