Author Topic: Portraits  (Read 1381 times)

tjcebula

Portraits
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »
I have a general question I'm looking for a way to generate a portrait from a picture. I know I could go out there and buy photoshop software for my computer but could I do this also using microsoft office will I be able to get the picture enough to get details to show the face. My wife dad passed a few years ago and was the Chief of Skandia-West Branch Fire dept. for many years so I have a picture to which i could generate into a pattern for scrollsawing before this years christmas If possibleor if some of you hve the technology you could tranform it for me into a pattern that would be GREAT..
Thanks

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Portraits
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 02:33:30 pm »
Hi, If you post a picture of what you want on the "pattern requests" section, I'm sure one of our resident magicians (pattern makers) will have a go at it for you.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

tjcebula

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »
Thanks for the tip I will have to try that I sure hope someone can do there magic with it

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 06:58:02 pm »
Unless you are used to working with those types of photo editing programs there is a fairly steep learing curve.
2 free ones are available that will do the job...GIMP and InkScape.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:12:38 pm »
Hi
If you can post the photograph(if possible good quality) I can attempt making one for you.
As suggested by Grebeard the two free programs are just great! It is free and the tutorials are available on the net, to be honest it is not that difficult to learn ,I am pretty sure you can do it!
Mahendra
mahendra

SMF

Teknoromi